Prior to the start of your tenancy, you’ll be issued with a tenancy agreement which you must sign to confirm that you will accept the contract terms.
The tenancy agreement will vary depending upon the accommodation scheme you are on. We have outlined some key areas of your tenancy that are applicable in all situations:
- Inform us if you need to be away from the property for more than 2 nights
- Allow access to property to us – i.e. for safety checks or inspections
- Report any concerns you may have to us
- Utilities – you’ll usually be responsible for utility bills such as gas, electricity and water. You must ensure you advise utility companies as soon as you move in or move out so you are charged only the correct amount.
- Contact us if you are planning to leave the property
- When moving out, ensure you return all sets of keys to us directly (do not use post services)
Our useful contacts section has some key telephone numbers that you may need throughout your stay with us.